We love zucchini, and we especially love shaved zucchini! Have you tried zucchini prepared this way? If not, watch out. You might just fall in love and insist on always shaving your zucchini from here on out!
This super easy, light, and fresh Meatless Monday Recipe is perfect for these dog days of summer. As I write this, it's a humid 90+ degrees outside and I could easily go for this light meal... enjoy!
4 zucchinis, thinly sliced or shaved
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
6 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp dried harissa seasoning
2 beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes
½ tsp salt
½ c slivered almonds
1. In a saucepan, heat oil & cook garlic until tender (3-4 min). Add harissa and toast for another minute.
2. Add tomatoes to the saucepan and let cool slightly until no longer raw, but not cooked down like a sauce (4-5 min).
3. In a large bowl combine zucchini, onions, lemon & harissa-tomato mixture. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in the same saucepan, toast almonds.
5. When ready to serve, top zucchini with toasted almonds.